TIPS FOR JOB-SEEKING
What should I write on the job application?
It is worth putting time and effort into filling out a job application because it is your business card for being selected for an interview. Here are some things to consider:
- Read the instructions for filling out the application carefully. Remember to save your information and press send application.
- Write your education and work experience from newest to oldest.
- When describing work experience, remember to mention your duties in addition to the workplace and dates. You can mention the reason why the job ended if you wish.
- Pay attention to your skills: read the job notice carefully and say why your skills are perfect for the job. Skills may be equivalent work experience, education, personal characteristic or even a skill obtained through a hobby.
- Attaching a photo to the application is a good way to add something personal.
How do I succeed in a job interview?
You should always prepare for a job interview, the first impression is important! Here are some tips for what to consider before and during an interview:
- Read the job notice again and think why you should be hired for the job.
- Think of questions you want to ask at the interview. You should always ask: it is a sign that you are interested in the position.
- Dress appropriately, considering the job you are applying for.
- Arrive for the interview 5-10 minutes before the agreed time and remember to take your work and education certificates with you.
- Answer questions clearly – be consistent and don’t ramble.
- Explain the reasons behind job changes or gaps in your CV.
- Tell your strengths and skills, thick of practical examples.
- Tell why you should be selected for the job and why you want the job.
- Be honest in your answers but remember to praise yourself too!
- Be yourself, it’s okay to be anxious.
Good luck with the interview!